Do you love to snack? Did you know there are foods and snacks you eat that are healthy for your teeth and gums? Yes, it’s true! There are many healthy foods that are both delicious and tasty that don’t damage your teeth and gums and are healthy for your body and smile.
Our dentist, Dr. Jim Tatum, is happy to help you with your oral health care needs. Furthermore, our team at Opelika Dental Arts in Opelika, Alabama, is happy to share with you some snacks and treats you can eat that are healthy for your teeth.
Here are some healthy treats for healthy teeth:
– Pears or apples: These foods have a watery substance and are known as nature’s dental floss. They are healthy because they keep your teeth clean and wash away harmful acids in your smile.
– Chicken: The protein found in chicken is good for your oral and overall body health as well as energy levels.
– Nuts: Nuts carry phosphorus and other minerals that your teeth and body need to be healthy.
– Cheese: Cheese has calcium, which is very healthy for your teeth and bones.
– Sugarless gum: Chewing sugarless gum is fantastic because it generates saliva which counteracts harmful bacteria in your smile between meals.
If you still have questions about your oral health, or if you are in need of a checkup by a professional dentist, please call us today at 334-745-3135 to schedule an appointment. Our friendly dental team is happy to help your smile stay healthy.